Full Stack Software Engineer at Perusall
MeteorUnited States (Remote)13 days ago
We are an education technology startup that aims to change the nature of reading — from the traditional solitary experience to an engaging and collective one. We aim to change education — so all students do the reading, come to class prepared, and are motivated to do so because they care about the content. And we aim to advance behavioral science and AI research in the service of improving education — using our work at Harvard University and Perusall Labs to improve the Perusall platform and to help students, educators, researchers, and society at large.
- Experience working on a small team and taking ownership of a product/service
- Preferred experience: Meteor, MongoDB, Amazon Web Services
- Nice-to-have experience: Ruby, Python
- Able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment to produce optimal results
- Attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work collaboratively to develop new features and maintain existing Perusall codebase
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics to optimize application and database performance and stability
- Share “on call” responsibility to respond to production issues outside of normal working hours
- Develop understanding of user workflows and provide input on new features and enhancements
- Support customer service team to troubleshoot highly technical issues
- Support sales and marketing teams by fulfilling data requests and developing internal tools
United States (remote). Perusall is a fully remote company located in the United States.
Education and Experience
BA/BS or MA/MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or the equivalent, or substantial professional experience developing large-scale web applications.
Perusall began following a major four-year research project at Harvard University; we created the platform to serve students in our classes, and then in 2015 built the business to bring our research to students and instructors everywhere. Perusall is now a profitable business serving 1,000,000 students at 3,000 educational institutions in 85 countries.