Full Stack Software Engineer
Full Stack Engineer
Location(s): Waterloo-Kitchener, Ontario & Kansas City, Missouri
Are you a developer intrigued by working in sports technology on cutting-edge software products used by high-level sports teams, including NBA franchises, FIBA federations, and top U.S. collegiate programs? If so, keep reading.
Just Play Sports Solutions is looking for intermediate level developers to help the company expand its products and features for multiple sports. We are looking for individuals with a wide range of skills and interests, including DevOps, data automation for statistical analysis, mobile development for native apps, and machine learning. We are looking for detail-oriented individuals who enjoy the challenge of finding elegant solutions to complex problems.
You will work on a dynamic and agile development team in a start-up culture. This position is well suited for individuals who are self-motivated, enjoy a variety of challenging tasks, and are looking to grow professionally within a fast-growing company.
- Minimum of 3 years development experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience with a strongly typed, preferably object-oriented, language
- Strong understanding of code versioning tools
- A degree in computer science or similar field
- Analyze client needs and develop products and features to improve workflow and performance
- Work with product owners on development planning and prioritization
- Manage and collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
- Document all programming tasks using Jira
- Execute deployments to staging, beta, and production environments as needed
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Interests:
- Meteor, Angular, React, Blaze, or other JS frameworks
- NoSQL databases, preferably Mongo DB
- Cordova/iOS/Android app development
- AWS services/configurations
- Machine learning
- Natural language parsing