Full stack developer React.js/Meteor at RideSVP
MeteorRemotea month ago
- Contract Position
RideSVP is a collaborative carpool platform where an ordinary person already planning to drive out of town can register his/her empty seats for others to book like a plane ticket. It is a green, social, and cheap way to travel.
About 80% of the platform has already been developed, we need someone to take over the development and deliver a finished product in the shortest timeframe possible. The whole architecture is solid and effective, the vast majority of the front end is done, the biggest features have been deployed and actually work.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Provide with a fair estimate of hours required to launch a final product using beta test access, provided product development board and bug tracker
- Finish platform development and admin console
- Must share progress with regular stand-up meetings (in person or video call)
- Provide a few maintenance hours once online when needed
- Position could lead to a technical advisor role and even CTO in the future
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (Master’s preferred)
- Must show track record of proficiency with Meteor, React and MongoDB
- Experience needed with development environment involving Git, CircleCI, and Galaxy.
- Must be able to work independently
- Has the ability to work without the help of a project manager, meaning be able to translate business discussions into tech decisions.
We are a team of entrepreneurs and we’re looking for people who demonstrate that spirit. We thrive on uncertainty, achieving big dreams, learning things we don’t know and having lots of fun as we do it. Do you see everything you do as an opportunity to learn more and develop? Do you like to take full responsibility and credit for your work - the good and the bad? Are you flexible to see other people’s views, debate and find the best solution to meet the business goals? Do you like to set your own goals? Are you willing to go the extra mile to meet and exceed them? You’ll fit right in! Give us a shout!
RideSVP focuses on Clean Technology, Transportation, Mobility, and Collaboration Software. Their company has offices in Los Angeles. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.ridesvp.com - coming soon